At the Acupuncture and Skin Care Clinic in Ormond Beach, our licensed massage therapists are dedicated to helping patients relieve pain and diminish stress with holistic and natural therapeutic solutions. Getting massages regularly is not only relaxing, but also provides a variety of other wonderful health benefits that our massage therapists can help you achieve.
If you live in Ormond Beach, Port Orange, or Daytona Beach and you’re seek the relaxing, rejuvenating, and balancing effects that can come from massage therapy, please contact us today to schedule an appointment.
What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
The world we live in today is full of many people living a fast-paced environment with long working hours and high levels of stress. To maintain optimum mental, physical, and emotional health, it’s important for us to step back and take time to recharge every once in awhile.
There are many amazing benefits of massage, and receiving regular massage therapy can improve your overall wellness in mind, body, and spirit. Here are our top 10 reasons to get a massage:
- Relaxing: When you get a massage, you are able to relax your mind and body while your massage therapist eases muscle tension that results from physical exertion and stress build up, giving you the opportunity to take your mind off of worries and responsibilities for a little while.
- Reduce Stress & Anxiety: Every day we are faced with many challenges at work, in school, and or at home that can heighten our stress and anxiety levels which take both physical and mental tolls on the body. Massages can help reduce these feelings, helping you feel more refreshed and calm.
- Improve Balance: Better posture and bodily movement from regular massage therapy sessions can improve stability and balance, especially in older adults who are at a higher risk of falls. Massage also increases blood flow, which in turn improves our body’s sense of position as we move.
- Increase Range of Motion: As massage relaxes tightened and strained muscles, tissues, ligaments, and helps to keep our joints more fluid, it improves the body’s flexibility and overall range of motion. This decreases the possibility of injury, and reduces pain levels when lifting arms, walking, and turning the body.
- Speed Recovery from Injury: When flexibility and range of motion are improved, our bodies can heal from injuries more easily. Massage allows improved oxygen flow in your muscles and connective tissue, reduces inflammation, increases blood flow, and lessens tension throughout the body after vigorous exercise or injury.
- Reduce Chronic Aches & Pains: Whether you’re suffering from chronic headaches or migraines, lower back pain, menstrual pain, or fibromyalgia, massage therapy has been proven to help reduce and relieve muscle tension, and other painful symptoms related to common physical ailments.
- Lessen Side Effects of Cancer Treatments: Recent scientific studies have shown that massage therapy can be a beneficial treatment for pain, nausea, depression and anxiety, in addition to other negative side effects that are typically associated with chemotherapy and cancer treatments. Massage has been known to elevate the quality of life in many cancer patients.
- Promote Better Sleep: When the body is relaxed, it is easier to fall asleep and stay slumbering throughout the night. With the added benefit of pain and anxiety relief, massage therapy can help promote healthier sleep patterns in many individuals who receive massages on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Enhance Daily & Exercise Performance: Having relaxed muscles and improved range of motion from massage therapy can help you get a more efficient work out and feel better afterwards. Both exercise and massage promote the release of endorphins, our body’s natural pain fighter and mood booster, resulting in a more positive outlook in many areas of life.
- Stimulate Blood Flow: Many patients see improvements in skin complexion after they receive a massage, as it improves blood flow and circulation, reduces build up of dead skin cells and toxins, as well as reducing tension and relaxing facial muscles than can cause wrinkles. Your skin can also feel smoother and firmer after a massage.
Types of Massages
Our licensed massage therapists are experienced in providing many types of relaxing and rejuvenating massages, including Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, sports therapy massage, and trigger point massage. Each type of massage can benefit specific areas of the body and have a variety of effects on your overall wellness.
If you’re not sure what type of massage is best for you, consult with our licensed massage therapists to discover the perfect fit! Contact us today to learn more about the natural power of massage therapy by calling 386-615-1203, or filling out an online request form.